This is such a profoundly moving subject for me. One that can make me sit up in the middle of the night and make me wonder if there is one more thing possible to do towards easing this out.
Understanding why unemployability exists is essential. Of course, one could blindly talk about symptomatic reasons for education, caste systems, etc. Yes, true, those are the top reasons, but how they came about is necessary to understand so that solutions for removing unemployability are super effective in eradicating this blight!
My understanding is as follows:
- SCHEMED DIVISIVITY: We continue to be a society of marauders worldwide. Those who grow up in economies with insufficient resources learn to colonise, cause divisivity, and destroy and take resources from other resource-rich societies for their benefit.
- MISMANAGEMENT OF SOCIETIES WITH LARGE POPULATION: Societies along the tropics, where the population is larger over large landmasses with greater access to resources, are so preoccupied with managing themselves that watching out for predators will be done with much lesser efficiency.
- DISTURBED LARGE POPULUS DEVELOPS DISEASE: Once a large population is infused with masterminded chaos, getting it back on track will be impossible!
- OUR EDUCATION SYSTEM WITH A WRONG AGENDA: Our education system got corrupted by our colonisers to ensure two things: 1) We lose our self-worth, and 2) We get trained to become clerks.
- UNINSPIRING LEADERSHIP: We are yet to correct this system, but our population, with over 60 per cent youth, is growing under the leadership of clueless or helpless or greedy leaders…
- ABSENCE OF RIGHT SOLUTIONS: Real-time application-oriented educational courses; actual ability-inducing guidance for youth to not just launch startups but to sustain beyond the critical first few years; large support ecosystems that truly catch those who might fail before they fail; stress on soft skills required to be on par with all crowds from a young age; exposure to a wide range of excellent or need-to-know global experiences; emphasis on learning as per one’s skillsets, joyously and without supervision…none of these exists today for the masses. Such initiatives will produce leaders!
- EXISTENCE OF SELF-DEFEATING SYSTEMS: What exists are comparison systems that weaken self-worth; loading of youth and children with unnecessary knowledge that is neither required for employment nor a pleasure to learn as knowledge; absence of role models and mentors for every youth; absence of quality research and action on what youth need to stay unemployable. It’s a long list. I could go on and on. These produce unemployable youth.
What is apparent is that we need effective counter systems immediately. It needs to be decentralised. It needs to have the ability to impact through spreading widely. It must be simple to comprehend yet powerful in how it touches society. It needs to root out unemployability without a doubt, person by person, youth by youth.
Fractal Entrepreneurship is all about this. I shall explain how in subsequent posts.
If you have questions, do write to me at email@example.com.