Countup to the day till when I can do such podcasts: 0006
Fractals are the base blocks in Nature. You may already know about them. Every object in Nature is a group of a self-similar pattern of a unit design, repeated many times to form a whole.
Evolution and growth, therefore, are natural and primarily decentralised.
I am sure you have all been stumped by the arrangement of self-similar petals in a flower, carrot leaves, cauliflower, broccoli and the patterns on your skin…tremendous, isn’t it? All around us are silently growing, thriving forms and objects that naturally do so without a qualm.
I was fascinated by these fractals and also by the way African societies used fractals in their thinking and working.
I knew I wanted to help enable human societies to become sustainable without ills like poverty, inequity and unemployability.
I was but a small citizen. I needed a system that would spread by itself.
I observed that Fractals in Nature had the following characteristics:
1. Fractals are perfect in their unit design
2. They are highly replicable as they are self-similar
3. Even if one fractal dies, others will survive
4. They survive and grow from each unit and are not dependent on the first unit of fractal
5. Because of this, what starts slowly as growth, suddenly becomes an explosion of growth all around!
This made so much sense. In the world of commerce, 1 per cent of human beings are entrepreneurs; 1 per cent of ventures started by such entrepreneurs survive beyond ten years; 1 per cent of those survive the lifetime of the entrepreneurs; 1 per cent of those survive up to 3 generations!
Entrepreneurs are needed to enable employment. Yet the mortality rate is so high! The only way to ensure that Entrepreneurship survives is by mimicking fractals in Nature and making it facile for entrepreneurs to stay. The Fractal Entrepreneurship Model does this exactly in numerous ways.
1. Self-similar small units of business get replicated to scale the mission.
2. Each of the first pioneering fractals is passed through several low-cost experiments and tests to ensure future failures are low to zero.
3 A blueprint facilitates franchises to sprout faster than the first fractal unit.
4. The franchising Business and Master format types ensure that the self-similar pattern grows like fractals in Nature without getting clogged by heads and hoarders.
5. Even if some fractals fail, others will survive. The mission will not die.
Apart from all this, it encourages those who join as employees to become entrepreneurs over time.
I marvel that such a model can exist in the world of commerce. I feel I have just been a channel to some Divine plans for humanity.
I know this will survive and impact beyond me.
Do write to me at email@example.com.